BEAN: keepin it real since 1981

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Could it BE any longer since I've last posted?


Wow.

Has is been that long already? Well I will have you know - even though I went through a bout of boredom with posting - does not mean all of yours went unread.
I still have my daily routine of checking the posts of all the cool cats who read mine.
I have yet to post, mostly because I've had not much going on. Literally.

I have been so bored at work lately (not because of slacking, but for shear lack of shit to do), I have discovered the awesomeness of Wikipedia, and have been getting paid for learning instead of, well, working.
Interesting tidbits on many people, places and things such as: Benjamin Franklin (who rocks), Marilyn Monroe, Jesus, Leonardo DaVinci, New York City (which gives me a huge boner), Isaac Newton, The Mediterranean Diet, Domino Harvey and many more. I have something new to learn about everyday.
I'm calling it now - Wikipedia is the new Google. Just remember who said it first, bitches.

Needless to say - I have not been keeping up very well with my exercising - I have continued, but not quite consistently. I Netflix'd Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease - the review: Not as great as I had hoped.
I love Carmen Electra - seriously wish I looked exactly like her - but her personality in the video is just annoying. She giggles after every little thing. It reminds me of in high school, when a popular girl would get up to do something in front of the class or a group of people, and she would be nervous and giggle at her friends still sitting down - like they were the only ones there, then do what she was up there to do - and then laugh again with her friends.
It was actually kinda cheezy. Not to mention - not that great of a work out. I never once got out of breath or felt like I was "working out."
I give it two potato chips out of 5 - for the scant choreography.
Next on the que: Yoga in Bed
I have high expectations for this one - anything that lets me exercise and be lazy at the same time gets a big thumbs up - if I can muster it.

Sill eating good. In fact I made this killer southwestern style dip last night that I want to share with you - I tried to find a recipe for some stuff I had from left-overs and some ingredients I needed to use up before they went bad - and I couldn't find anything - so I made one up myself. I liked it a lot (I ate half the bowl for dinner last night), and even Trav liked it - and he's not really a dip person. Please try it and let me know what you think:

Bean's Creamy Chunky Mole
( I even made the name up myself - and it's not "Mole" like on a mole on your arm - but -
"Mole" as in Guacamole)

1 avocado
1/2 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 can corn
1/4 cup red onions, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic herb seasoning (optional) (you could substitute with garlic powder)
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/3 cup fat free sour cream

Directions:
In a big enough bowl - mix together - black beans (make sure you rinse them really good because any of that "juice" will make your dip turn gray- ick!) corn, onions, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and garlic herb seasoning (or garlic powder). Chop avocado in it's skin as many times as you can down and across to make little square shapes - and spoon into the mixture. Add lime juice directly to the avocado - then gently mix in. Add the sour cream gently so you don't smash the avocado (unless you prefer it that way).
Serve with blue corn tortilla chips. Enjoy!

I juiced 1/2 a lime with my hands and Trav said it was little too lime-y, so I suggest just two tablespoons - or enough to thoroughly coat the avocado and still give it a lime taste. Also, you can add more or less black beans if you'd like, I know some folks are not too fond of black beans. Same goes for the chili powder(or cayenne, use any spicy spice you like), some like it hot - mine was not spicy at all - just flavorfull. Travie thinks fricken ketchup is spicy - so I refrain from the spicy stuff as much as I can - unless I don't want him to eat it :)
I made a little batch to test if I would like the sour cream in there or not - and it tastes better with the sour cream - otherwise it's more of just a chunky salsa - the sour cream ties it all together. Add more or less if you'd like.

I do have plans to continue writing, I would love to get some sort of "theme" going with my blog - but I haven't decided what just yet.

Keep reading ladies and gents - the best is yet to come!

Posted by Katrina :: 3:02 PM :: 2 Chortles

Share a chortle

-------------------------------------