BEAN: keepin it real since 1981

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

1st watercolor



This is my first watercolor painting. It doesn't really have a title - it's just a character that I'm starting to make a lot of.

I really suck at dimension - but that's something I can work on. I like it for the most part. I messed up a bit here and there - but that's what makes art - art!

Trav said it looks like a character from King of the Hill.

Now that I know what it's like to work with water colors - next, I'm going to try something with oil painting - then try to fill my now THREE blank canvases with SOMETHING.

Good news I found out - I was talking with people in school about next semesters classes, well it turns out that 5 other girls in my entrepreneurship class HAVE to take financial accounting (which everyone dreads) next semester - and it's only taught by one teacher - so we all vowed to take it together and be each other's study group. Most people wait to take that as their last class because it sucks so bad. It rocks that I'm taking it now and getting it out of the way.
I also went through all of my required classes that are needed to get my degree, I'm doing really good on those, actually two more semesters of three classes each and I will be finished. Then it's just getting all the general education credits finished, I only have 1 of those classes down. I'm actually looking forward to all of those classes, though - because I get to take a bunch of cool classes like astrology or theatre and it actually counts towards my degree! - but I'm going to focus on taking all the photography classes I can - and then I should have enough to get my photography certificate in addition to my A.A.S. Degree.
SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!
I was a little bummed out before, because sometimes I get overwhelmed thinking about how long it will take me to finish - but now that I know I can take a bunch of cool different classes, learn new things, and have fun at the same time - it's really motivated me to keep it up.

Posted by Katrina :: 3:05 PM :: 1 Chortles

Share a chortle

-------------------------------------