BEAN: keepin it real since 1981

Monday, May 01, 2006

Sushi Sunday!


Trav and I had a delicious time last night at the Mitch Hedberg Tribute show at the Orpheum Theatre.
The lineup was OUTSTANDING!
Dave Attel from Comedy Central's Insomniac, and Nick Swardson, whose been seen on Reno 911, appeared in the movies Grandma's boy and the newly released The Benchwarmers, both made me laugh so hard - literally ALL of my eye makeup had melted away - and I pretty much blacked out for a second or two.
Seriously EVERYONE was hilarious! We had a blast!

Before our night of laughs, Trav took me out to dinner at Benihana's where we each tried sushi for the first time! It was great! I didn't think Trav would like it because he's not a fan of fish in the first place - but he said he loved it and would defiantly eat it again.
Since we had never tried sushi before - it took us a while to order but we decided to try three different kinds of rolls: Vegetable Roll, California Roll and then we (Trav's suggestion) went for the Rainbow Roll.
When the first Roll came out - we figured it was the California Roll because of the avocado - but after we had eaten half the roll (because it was really really good), the guy behind the counter said that it was on the house because was supposed to go to a different table. We asked what it was and he said " Caterpillar Roll"
WTF is a Caterpillar Roll?!? So I looked it up on the menu and it was EEL!!!!
Trav didn't want to eat anymore after that - it creeped him out a bit that it was eel.
I liked it though, and ate the rest.
The real California roll was great, and Trav liked the Vegetable roll the best.
The Rainbow Rolls were a bit much for us first timers - but still good.
I wanna go back and try the other varieties!

Oh and just for fun I ordered a Mai Tai. Not doing that again, I only drank 3/4 of it and it wasn't safe for me to drive! Seriously STRONG!

Last week of school! Gotta study!

Posted by Katrina :: 11:46 AM :: 1 Chortles

Share a chortle

-------------------------------------