BEAN: keepin it real since 1981

Friday, May 12, 2006

Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day this weekend!

This is one of the hard ones for me.
Mother's Day and Christmas.
I talked to my Mom last night to get an address to send her Mother's Day card out. Even thought some things are better with her, at least the important things like being normal again and now she has a job. It's the little things - about how she's living. It just breaks my heart.

I never in my life imagined that things would be this way. I can't tell you how much it hurts me to even think about her. The whole situation just brings me to tears every time.

Last Mother's Day - I spent the ENTIRE day bawling. I cried so hard that I had little red spots all over my face. Poor Trav had no idea what to do - I was crying so hard that he was actually scared. He just held me like a baby and just let me cry and get my tears and snot all over his shoulder.

I just wanted to write about this today, first of all - to wish all of the Mom's out there a Happy Mother's Day - and second, to tell everyone to appreciate what they have - even if your mom is a nag or constantly annoys you, love her with everything you have. Appreciate every little thing, every hug, every shopping trip, even every time she's mad at you. You don't know what you've got until it's gone.

I would give anything right now to hug my Mom. I just want to lay in her bed with her and snuggle and watch a movie. I haven't seen her in almost 2 years.

This weekend we will be in Duluth - so maybe it will take my mind off of things. Otherwise I will be posting on Monday through puffy eyelids.

Posted by Katrina :: 12:12 PM :: 4 Chortles

Share a chortle

-------------------------------------