BEAN: keepin it real since 1981

Monday, April 24, 2006

Cardio is for weiners


School today - going to finish my homework right after this post.

I had a good weekend - shopping with Stace and walking with Carmela - it was beautiful outside!
I got two necklaces, a bracelet, a shirt, pants, and a skirt - all for under $40!!! Yessssssssssss!!! Bargains give me a boner.
Carmela and I walked around the pond on Friday and Sunday - not Saturday because I walked around shopping all day and was too tired - plus we got home late.

Still sticking with the plan - still not eating after 7 - I ate dinner only once last week - oh and I ate dinner on Sunday too - so twice.
I'm doing my yoga tape tonight because I have school and I'll get home too late - plus it looks like it's going to rain.
I'm going to try to implement more yoga into my routine - I'm thinking of doing each one every other day - something like : Monday - walking/jogging, Tuesday - Yoga, Wednesday - walking/jogging, Thursday - Yoga....and so on.

It's just that I saw results WAY faster when I was doing yoga every other day. I've lost 8lbs so far with the walking/jogging - but that all came off in the 1st week so it seems I've plateaued already.
I think combining the walking(cardio) and the yoga(muscle building) will be something ideal for my body.
I've always lost more weight with muscle building vs. cardio. Thinking back throughout my whole life - I was ALWAYS running around outside - playing with my friends, walking, biking, rollerblading - and still chubby.
During my peak of chubbiness in the 5th grade, my mom would make me do leg lifts, push ups, sit ups and wall sits every night before bed (I would always try to get out of it). I didn't notice back then that I had lost weight, but if you look back at pics of me from 5th grade to 6th - there is a COMPLETE difference. I went from my chubbiest as an adolescent to my thinnest just by doing some simple muscle building. Put it this way - I had bigger boobs in 5th grade than I did in 6th.
When I started doing Yoga a few years ago - I was on a similar plan - I would do yoga every other night, not eat after 7, and keep my calories to 1,200 and under. I lost 25 lbs in two months.
I of course gained it all back when I stopped doing yoga. but lost 18 when I became a vegetarian.
Without changing my diet at all - I've gained 15 of that back - my doctor said that it's just my body evening things out now that it's used to my diet.
I chalk it up to having to eat dinner at 9 every night for almost a year. That sucked!

So now that I have told all of you about the yoga routine - I have a reason not to stop the routine again.
That's what helps keep me going.

Thanks for all your help - I know it's been tough on you :)




This is just a little entertaining message for you know who:

For as obsessed with perfection as you are, you would think to look in the mirror once in a while - because you and your sister are not all the same - she's skinny and you're......well......not.
Sorry to be the one to break it to you. But someone had to tell you - and since you still read this everyday - now you'll know.

Have a heifer of a day!

Posted by Katrina :: 2:13 PM :: 1 Chortles

Share a chortle

-------------------------------------